Dr Tan Wah Ching is a full time Periodontist with The Dental Studio (TDS) and last served as a Consultant with the National Dental Centre of Singapore.
Dr. Tan obtained her Bachelor of Dental Surgery (BDS) from the National University of Singapore in 1998 and Doctor medicinae dentum (Dr. Med. Dent.) from the University of Berne, Switzerland, in 2008.
She obtained her specialist training in Periodontology from the National University of Singapore in 2005, through a conjoint Master of Dental Surgery (MDS) Programme with the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, where she was awarded the IADR Book Prize for Best student.
She is a Specialist Periodontist registered with the Singapore Dental Council; a Fellow of the Academy of Medicine, Singapore; a Fellow of the Royal Australasian College of Dental Surgeons; a member of the Royal College of Surgeons, Edinburgh, a member of the Society of Periodontology (Singapore) and an ITI fellow. She currently serves as the ITI study club director in Singapore and the Education Delegate for the ITI Southeast Asia section. Dr Tan is a member of the Periodontics DSAC and was the past chairperson for the Chapter of Periodontists, College of Dental Surgeons Singapore, Academy of Medicine. She is currently an active reviewer for peer-reviewed journals including the Clinical Oral Implants Research and Journal of Oral Rehabilitation.
In April 2015, Dr Tan was awarded the prestigious André Schroeder Research Prize presented in Germany by the International Team for Implantology (ITI), a leading academic organisation dedicated to the promotion of evidence-based education and research in the field of dental implant dentistry, oral tissue regeneration and related fields.
Dr Tan Wah Ching currently practises at The Dental Studio (Paragon).
- Payer M, Tan WC, Han J, Ivanovski S, Mattheos N, Pjetursson BE, Zhuang L, Fokas G, Wong MCM, Acham S, Lang NP (2020). The effect of systemic antibiotics on clinical and patient‐reported outcome measures of oral implant therapy with simultaneous guided bone regeneration. Clin Oral Implants Res. Jan 19. doi: 10.1111/clr.13580
- Tan WC, Ong MM, Lang NP (2017). Influence of maintenance care in periodontally susceptible and non-susceptible subjects following implant therapy. Clin Oral Implants Res. Apr;28(4):491-494.
- Lang N, Feres M, Corbet E, Ding Y, Emingil G, Faveri M, Humagain M, Izumi Y, Kamil W, Kemal Y, Mahanonda R, Rajpal J, Sakellari D, Tan WC, Yamazaki K (2015). Group B. Consensus paper. Non-surgical periodontal therapy: mechanical debridement, antimicrobial agents and other modalities. J Int Acad Periodontol. Jan;17(1 Suppl):34-6.
- Tan WC, Krishnaswamy G, Ong MMA, Lang NP (2014). Patient-reported outcome measures after routine periodontal and implant surgical procedures. J Clin Periodontol. J Clin Periodontol. 2014 Jun;41(6):618-24.
- Tan WC, Ong M, Han J, Mattheos N, Pjetursson BE, Tsai AY-M, Sanz I, Wong MCM, Lang NP (2014). Effect of systemic antibiotics on clinical and patient-reported outcomes of implant therapy – a multicenter randomized controlled clinical trial. Clin. Oral Impl. Res. 25: 185–193.
- Tan WC, Lang NP, Schmidlin K, Zwahlen M, Pjetursson BE. (2011). The effect of different implant neck configurations on soft and hard tissue healing: a randomized-controlled clinical trial. Clin Oral Implants Res;22(1):14-19.
- Gerber, J.A., Tan, W.C., Balmer, T.E., Salvi, G.E. & Lang, N.P. (2009). Bleeding on probing (BOP) and pocket probing depth (PPD) in relation to probing pressure and mucosal health around oral implants. Clinical Oral Implant Research Clin. Oral Impl. Res. 20; 75–78.
- Tan, W.C., Lang, N.P., Zwahlen, M., Pjetursson, B.E. (2008). A systematic review of the success of sinus floor elevation and survival of implants inserted in combination with sinus floor elevation. Part II – Transalveolar technique. Journal of Clinical Periodontology 35, Suppl. 8; 241-254.
- Pjetursson, B.E., Tan, W.C., Zwahlen, M. & Lang, N.P. (2008). A systematic review of the success of sinus floor elevation and survival of implants inserted in combination with sinus floor elevation. Part I – Lateral approach. Journal of Clinical Periodontology 35, Suppl. 8; 216-240.
- Lang, N. P., Tan, W. C., Krähenmann, M. A. & Zwahlen, M. (2008). A systematic review of the effects of Full Mouth Debridement with and without antiseptics in patients with chronic periodontitis. Journal of Clinical Periodontology 35, Suppl. 8; 8-21.
- Pjetursson, B.E., Tan, W.C., Tan, K., Brägger, U., Zwahlen, M., Lang, N.P. (2008). A systematic review of the survival and complication rates of resin-bonded bridges after an observation period of at least 5 years. Clinical Oral Implant Research 19; 131–141.
- W.C. Tan, L.P. Lim, N.P. Lang. Diagnosis, treatment and long-term maintenance of a patient with drug-associated gingival enlargement. PERIO 2007; 4(4): 277-286.
- WC Tan, FBK Tay, LP Lim. Diabetes as a Risk Factor for Periodontal Disease: Current Status and Future Considerations. Ann Acad Med Singapore 2006;35:571-581.