Ceramic braces are a less visible alternative to metal braces. Although costlier than metal braces, they are the most cost-effective ‘invisible’ brace option on the market.
The combination of strength, affordability and aesthetics make ceramic braces a good option for teenagers and students that are nearing their graduation or young adults getting ready for their first job.
Because of their white base, they are much less visible than their metal brace cousin, making them the more selfie and photo-friendly option.
There are some key advantages that ceramic braces have over other brace options:
- Strength. Ceramic braces are strong, especially if they are high-quality. They usually do not chip or break, unless they are badly abused.
- Aesthetics. Probably the greatest benefit of choosing ceramic braces is that although they function just as well as their metal counterparts, they are less noticeable and offer a greater level of comfort. Ceramic braces blend in well, because they match the natural shade of the tooth, thanks to their semi-translucent or tooth-coloured ceramic brackets.
- Less Irritability. Ceramic braces are less likely to irritate your gums, which makes them less painful to wear.
- Stain-free. Ceramic braces do not leave permanent stains on your teeth.
- Effectiveness. Ceramic braces move teeth just as quickly as metal braces and when compared with plastic aligners, they even deliver a faster treatment.
To make an informed decision, it is important to review all available brace types and options with an expert. At The Dental Studio in Singapore, we will discuss the best brace option for you or your child in a consultation. To make an appointment with one of our experienced orthodontists call +65 6836 0050.