INVISALIGN® (INVISIBLE BRACES)
Invisalign® is an alternative to straighten your teeth without braces.
The system is a 3-D computer imaging technology.
The system uses a series of clear removable retainers to straighten crooked teeth invisibly.
It is removable for daily necessities such as eating, drinking, brushing and special events.
No metal wires or bands to irritate your mouth. They are comfortable and convenient.
The process entails:
1. Examination – An orthodontist should assess your suitability with a proper consultation and examination for Invisalign® or conventional braces
Invisalign® is great for people who do not have severe problems, or severely crooked teeth.
2. Treatment Plan – A treatment plan is developed specifically for you
Bite impressions of your teeth will be taken for the Invisalign® system to custom-mold a series of clear, removable aligners that will gradually move your teeth in an incredible new smile.
3. Creation – Your aligners are created via precision computer mapping and design
4. Wearing – You will receive your aligner series, switching to a new aligner every two weeks as your teeth move
5. Treatment Duration – You would need to wear each set of aligners night and day for a two weeks period, removing only to eat, brush and floss
Your teeth will move little by little with each aligner.
Your orthodontist will review the progress of your treatment regularly.
On average, treatment would last about a year.
Other types of Braces: