CEREC DIGITAL CROWN
Modern aesthetic ceramic restorations use digital technology to create highly accurate and beautiful restorations.
CEREC Crown (Digital Technology) is the unique CAD (Computer Aided Design) / CAM (Computer Aided Milling) system for patient individual all-ceramic restorations in one single appointment:
- Digital impression
- Receive your dental crown after teeth preparation in single session (Patient will be informed of suitability during consultation)
- No need for temporary fillings and crowns
- Highly aesthetic
The process entails:
- Appointment & patient education
- Remove decayed tissue or defective fillings
- Tooth preparation
- Create a 3D image of the tooth using the CEREC camera
- Crown is designed on the CEREC software
- Milling & manufacturing of the crown in-clinic in a milling machine
- Fit and bond the Crown directly on your tooth
It removes the need for a second appointment and increases patient’s comfort as a traditional impression of the teeth is no longer needed.
Instead, a scanner is used to capture photographic images of the cavity and these images are sent to a computer.